My Motto

May the muffin rise to greet you, may your friends be always at your door, and until we meet again, warm a single-malt in the palm of your hand and make something homemade for someone you love.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Best Gift Ever: My Blog Made into a Cookbook!

"A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
~Margaret Mead

The past couple of weeks have been quite eventful.  Please forgive my blog-neglect!  The prodigal son returned from Uganda.  We went to our annual vacation at the lake.  Same son got engaged.  Yes, you read correctly.  The young man popped the question.
It's a joyful and exciting time!

We had the pleasure of meeting the parents of the Bride-to-Be when they joined us at the lake for a few days and I was suprised when her mom presented me with one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever received.
My blog made into a cookbook! 
This unexpected gift floored me and I LOVED it!  It is hardcover, includes the color photos from the blog and is organised into categories.   Tastebook, I learned, was the tool that helped make the task a little easier.  I wanted to share this with you because I'm certain many of you have family recipe collections you would probably love to organize in such a beautiful way.  I know how I felt when this was handed to me. My daughter immediately said "I want a copy!"  I've already used it a couple of times.  So much easier than having my laptop in the kitchen.  It's a useful treasure, but most of all I'll never forget the gesture of friendship and thoughtfulness with which it was compiled and given.

7 comments:

El said...

That's fantastic. Congratulations to your son and his fiance. What an incredibly thoughtful gift- amazing!

Biren @ Roti n Rice said...

What a thoughtful gift! Congrats...your cookbook looks fantastic!

Butter said...

I am guilty of a little blog neglect this summer myself - so I completely understand :) Congratulations on your son's proposal! And what a beautiful gift and gesture indeed. Your daughter was smart to put her order in right away. Your recipes are certainly worthy of their own book. I hope you enjoyed your vacation. The picture of the lake in the mountains is absolutely gorgeous.

Raquel S. said...

What wonderful presents. Your son coming back, your son being engaged and that beautiful cookbook! You must be on cloud nine.

Margaret Murphy Tripp said...

@El & @Biren: Thanks so much!

@Butter: I was wondering where you've been!!! Thank you very much and yes, the lake it gorgeous...wish I could live there!

@Raquelle: Yes, I'm floating. You know what they say, it's either feast or famine. I guess it's feast-time!

christmas stollen said...

Wow!!! Great blog..........

Margaret Murphy Tripp said...

@Christmas: Thank you very much!